Tuesday 12 July 2011

My (very short) journey to the end of the world.

I awoke like any other day, just a small pig in a large Minecraft world, but this day was different. Instead of my usual day of TNT-ing things into oblivion, I decided I would set myself a quest. A quest to reach the end of the world! I was mostly trying to get away from this flood.

The first thought I had was "which way do I go?". It's a big world and I don't want to get lost. Luckily I found this mountain to climb, maybe I could see the end of the world from up here.

Nope, I see nothing from up here.

I saw nothing. After 3 seconds of thought I decided to cross the ocean but with no boat in sight, I had to make do with a squid.


Stupid squid went the wrong way.

I gave up trying to ride this stupid squid when all it wanted to do was swim in circles, so I decided to swim. Then nightfall came and it began to rain. I had to find a shelter for the night.


...In a really dark cave. Yeah, I'm playing on peaceful mode because I'm a scaredy pig!
Even in peaceful mode, this is a scary cave!
By morning I decided I was tired of walking, but I didn't want to give up this quest, I was determined! So I cheated.


I felt a strange sensation as I teleported through the 27th dimension and I'm pretty sure I turned inside out. Twice. But it was worth it. What I saw before me, with my very own eyes, was the end of the world!
I'll just take a few pictures here and tell the creepers I walked all the way.
A huge natural structure, as high as the top of the map, that seemed to just stop and form a wall. As I moved closer to it I began to slow down until it became nearly impossible to move. Placing a single block took about 5 minutes and used up all my energy. I doubt even creepers could survive here.


Time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment