Wednesday 13 July 2011

404 Challenge from the experience of Minecraft pig

The 404 challenge is a challenge in Minecraft created by Neoxx. You start a world in Minecraft with the seed '404'. The world has a giant sinkhole which the challenge revolves around.

You must use the first day to collect as many resources as you can, because by nightfall you have to venture into the dreaded sinkhole and survive there! If surviving underground seems too easy, you also have to play on Normal or Hard mode. Oh, and you aren't allowed to use torches! More information about the challenge can be found here: 404 Challenge. If you feel you are brave enough.

Being rather brave myself I decided I was ready to accept this challenge, however, each attempt I was met with the same gruesome fate...


The day would start off pretty well. I would find the sinkhole, have a quick nap, annoy a few cows, then realize I'd been wasting my time and go and gather resources fast!
Let's ignore the fact you can see pork here, and pretend I am not a cannibal pig!

Then night would come round, it was time to go down. I walked into the middle of the sinkhole and punched the ground a few times until the world collapsed underneath me. This made me feel even more ready. If I can punch a huge hole in the ground, the creepers shouldn't stand a chance against my mighty fist!


After a long struggle down a waterfall, I was suddenly surrounded by a maze of long dark tunnels. With streams of lava and water all over the place and the groans of zombies close by, I needed to be careful.

This is where I should be telling you a magnificent story about how I survived alone down there in the dark. Fighting off monsters, carving stone swords with my bare hands and generally becoming master of the underworld.

But I'm afraid I can't tell you that story. Each time I tried the challenge, my fate was always the same.

SPIDERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment